All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Introduction - Newbe
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:37 am 

I know this is a little different from the D50's but I recently decided to fix a rear main seal and and custom radiator (due to blown head gaskets and one head because of a plugged radiator that worked intermittantly) on my 1989 Mitsubishi Van and when I put it back together the torgue converter clicked once and seemed that it was seated BUT it wasn't = broken pump gear + and leaks and wines. So I did a search on Youtube and Googled it and found tons of information on "Wide Block" and "Narrow Block" 2.0L and 2.4L conversions...Well after buying everything for the swap I decided on soaking up the little bit of oil in the radiator and checked the oil etc and ran the stock 2.4L found that all I needed was another tranny...These vans need (for the most part) automatics and they are hard to find.

So I have been looking for my next project 1. D50 (Mazda, or Mitsubishi PU etc.) 2. Starion (expensive), 3. My van (not a good idea for a cargo van with body damage).

I did a very similar brake upgrade to my 240z with a 4.6 Cobra Motor see:

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/100949- ... 40z/page-3

Other projects include a Turbo Suzuki Swift GT w/ Jim Wolf Technology (JWT) 1.3L DOHC 250hp tune ECM 1,600lbs. (very close to being done) , Z32 300zxt Twin Turbo w/ JWT 580hp kit (Just got the parts and waiting to finish the 240z before I start on this one) Also have a 5.4L DOHC GT500 motor at the shop w/ "h" beam rods, forged pistons and twin turbo setup w/ a $350 balance on the machine work.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:53 am

Post subject: Re: Introduction - Newbe
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:25 am 

Welcome! It sounds like you found the right place. Got any pics of your projects? The cargo van would be pretty awesome with a 5.4L twin turbo motor in it.... just sayin' ;)

2016 Subaru Impreza

Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:40 am