Corona virus craze

Post anything off topic here.
300D50
HRCS OG

Re: Corona virus craze

Post by 300D50 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:44 pm

500 pounds of water, plus salt and tank weight. Should be safe?
If it isn't, then you have issues with the couch/bed falling through the floor too!

LethalEthan

Post by LethalEthan » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:13 pm

With everything included I think a safe estimate would be around 1,000lbs in a 2x3 footprint. Maybe a little over as my stand is pretty over built. I think it will be ok.

I went over today and measured and I can fit the tank and chiller perfectly into the closet. Thinking I'll build a front panel so it will appear to be an in wall tank. Kind of like a living picture frame on the wall.
Ethan
2012 Honda cbr1000rr
2005 Honda cbr f4i
2016 x-pro mini moto
1993 toyota pickup (crushed by oak)
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited

300D50
HRCS OG

Post by 300D50 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:15 pm

So I finally bought toilet paper.
Not for me, but for my grandparents, because they're running low and I don't want to have them running around trying to find it.

Of all places, dollar store had 2 ply for $1 a four pack regular rolls. And stocked...

I have two mega packs of quilted northern triple ply from before we even knew about this bug, because cheapest per unit volume, blah blah like usual.

If need be, the remaining will get rationed out to family as time goes on.

Funny thing, I bought my buddy Matt a "Charmin forever roll starter pack" as a gag gift for Christmas, so he has 3 12" ultra mega rolls of 2-ply.
It's uncanny how that now turned into something useful.

LethalEthan

Post by LethalEthan » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:03 pm

I have a friend who bought the forever roll set a few months ago, we all laughed, little did we know what would happen hahahaha.

We seem to have better luck finding it at the dollar store here. All the major retailers are always sold out, same for hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
Ethan
2012 Honda cbr1000rr
2005 Honda cbr f4i
2016 x-pro mini moto

4g63mightymax
Site Admin

Post by 4g63mightymax » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:40 am

We've been pretty lucky here as well, our main grocery store was sold out steadily for the first ~2 weeks, but its been in stock ever since. They are struggling to keep things like pasta and eggs on the shelf though. Those suckers go fast!
Jeremy N.
1964 Impala Convertible
1972 Pontiac Lemans
2016 Subaru Impreza

300D50
HRCS OG

Post by 300D50 » Mon May 18, 2020 5:53 pm

Well, I now transition to work from home till the next big floor startup happens.

Finished up stuff in the office before lunch, mothballed my desk, got a sitter for Peter the spider plant, and grabbed the tool bag/laptop.

Finished the day at the house amidst all the distractions, and it wasn't quite as I expected, only a little less focus than usual.
It's going to be different for sure.

Hopefully I can keep focused and not blur work/home too much.

4g63mightymax
Site Admin

Post by 4g63mightymax » Tue May 19, 2020 8:18 am

It's definitely a weird transition. I have now been working from home for 9 weeks, and I hated it at first. Now I'm hoping that I can continue it for as long as possible. My ideal situation would be to work from home 3-4 days a week, and go to an offices once or twice per week. The fact that I don't waste time traveling is pretty huge, even though I miss driving. Having the extra time in the day is SOOOOOO nice. MORE TIME FOR CARS!
Jeremy N.
1964 Impala Convertible
1972 Pontiac Lemans
2016 Subaru Impreza

mattp_65

Post by mattp_65 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:53 am

I am in the same boat as you Jeremy and hope to do the same. I did drive yesterday with a few errands, I was surprised to see a small traffic jam lol.
I miss driving but I dont miss the traffic for sure. More time to relax and enjoy family time as well
"CHEVISH" 4g63 Luv (262HP)
95 Eagle Talon (506HP 413 TQ)
95 Eagle Summit (DD)
2012 GMC Sierra 6.2L

BlackVR4
Newbville

Post by BlackVR4 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:37 pm

For me I finished up my finals at SUNY on May 7th. My 1st final was a 24 hour take home exam the week before then for a 400 level engineering course. It definitely was weird doing final exams for engineering courses at home and submitting them online instead of doing them in class. For all of my exams I was told to do them during a timed session for what should have been my exam time if I was at the college. Once my exam was written down I was told to scan my solutions, make a PDF of them, and submit them to the teacher by email. My teachers were understanding and gave us additional time for the scanning, converting to PDF, and submitting them via email.

It was a very tiresome week for me then, especially since I also had to finish up a couple of assignments for one class. I took the teacher up on his offer to extend the deadline for my assignments until May 11th at 12:00 noon. I just barely made it too, sending it in by 5:35 in the morning. All my classes I passed, and I think the teachers were more lenient on their grades due to the Coronavirus.
James
1990 Ram 50 4x4 5 Speed /W 2001 6G72 24V V6
91 3000GT VR4

mattp_65

Post by mattp_65 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:24 am

Congrats on passing your classes. I remember those good ole college days lol. I did get my mechanical engineering degree back in 2007 and those long nights and no free time was my life. Tough times to be in school for sure. What degree you going for James?
"CHEVISH" 4g63 Luv (262HP)
95 Eagle Talon (506HP 413 TQ)
95 Eagle Summit (DD)
2012 GMC Sierra 6.2L

LethalEthan

Post by LethalEthan » Wed May 20, 2020 1:04 pm

Yes congrats on passing your classes James! I really don't miss college, or school at all for that matter hahaha. Things are starting to pick back up here pretty quickly. People are out and about, traffic is building back up and pretty much everything is open with restricted hours. I've been out of work for nearing two months now though I did hear from my manager recently and I believe they're trying to bring a few of us back at the end of the month.

I won't mind going back. Unemployment pay is crazy good but sitting at home all the time is having a major effect on my sanity :lol:
Ethan
2012 Honda cbr1000rr
2005 Honda cbr f4i
2016 x-pro mini moto

4g63mightymax
Site Admin

Post by 4g63mightymax » Thu May 21, 2020 8:52 am

Congrats on the classes James! Like Ethan, I also don't miss school at all. I hated high school the entire time I was there and I was NOT a great student. I should have gone to a vocational high school, but made the wrong choice. I did go to college for Auto Repair though (GM ASEP program), and aced all of that. I just had to be interested in the topics I was being taught for me to be successful. High school was the antithesis of that. Learning about amoebas, along with math that doesn't apply to anything in real life, and watching my athletic friends get carried through all their classes by their coaches, really soured my attitude on high school education. I left high school without ever learning about how to write checks (which was normal at the time), or what's involved in buying a house, or how to do taxes, or how small town government works. Sure, it's possible that I skipped those days at school, but I doubt it. College on the other hand, was all about cars, which I could actually apply to the real world. I also had a great English teacher in college who really liked my writing style. She made me feel like I wasn't the idiot that I assumed I was, based on my high school teacher's evaluations of me. Anywho... I'll stop rambling.

Congrats on passing the classes. I have no doubt it is a giant relief and weight off your shoulders!

Also - Coronavirus can suck it. I wanna see my friends on a regular basis again.
Jeremy N.
1964 Impala Convertible
1972 Pontiac Lemans
2016 Subaru Impreza