progress

If you have a project that you are working on, and want to show off some work that you have done to it, post it in here!
dakinehead
Re: progress

Post by dakinehead » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:51 pm

thanks Jeremy, I found an auto zone in kona that got one from mainland. $25 cheaper price than napa and no shipping charge. I also got a magnet for the oil pan but I really don't know if ur supposed to put it on the inside or outside of the pan. probably have to put it inside because its small and not very strong if its ok..?

I'm not sure if I was being hypochondriac about the belt being loose. hehe, reading Walts build thread before posting my questions just makes me feel so dumb.

not really sure where the temp sensor that turns the fan on went but its gone. Ebay the best bet? finally, there is a single spade connecter below the thermostat on the firewall side. is that the connecter that would make my temp gauge on my truck work? do I just run a wire and tie into the harness?
Mark

dakinehead

Post by dakinehead » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:43 pm

ok so it wouldn't start. took half a day to figure out that the things that go on top of the battery were covered in corrosion. gawsh dangint my belt is making so much noise.
Mark

dakinehead

Post by dakinehead » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:43 am

no more time, I'm out of time. moving. in the past 2 days ive taken almost everything apart and getting ready to start chopping the truck up. going to hold on to all the good stuff.

biggest mistake was thinking that any of it would be easy. all of it was really hard. and its hard cuz I'm not a mechanic, mechanically inclined, and just pretty much a moron about what this entails. for someone who knows how to pull wrentch this could be the easiest? idk.

not giving up but want to get the older 86ish truck and just drop the top half on. is there any precidence for that?

5 timing belts over 9 years and it ran pretty sweet for 3 months back in 15. did my best to hire the best people i could afford. sorry i let u guys down.
Mark

4g63mightymax
Site Admin

Post by 4g63mightymax » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:11 am

Mark - you didn't let anybody down! Building cars is frickin hard work. I have been working on my 64 impala for 21 years, and driven it ~1000 miles total. The fun isn't always the end result, it's the journey there. Good luck with the move to the mainland - hopefully you'll visit here with a new project in the future ;)
Jeremy N.
1964 Impala Convertible
1972 Pontiac Lemans
2016 Subaru Impreza

LethalEthan

Post by LethalEthan » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:33 pm

Don't feel too bad mark. I've left countless projects unfinished for one reason or another. You just have to look forward to the next project and make it bigger and better. Imo your project was a win, afterall, you did get it running and were able to drive it, even if it was for a short amount of time. If you go back and look at the thread for my accord, I spent nearly 4 years working on it and only got to drive it for 2 or 3 months before it was demolished. Still count it as a win, no matter how long it lasted.

Use this for motivation to come back better than ever.
Ethan
2005 Honda cbr f4i
2016 x-pro mini moto
1993 toyota pickup (crushed by oak but still kicking)
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited

dakinehead

Post by dakinehead » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:33 pm

When I left Hawaii the best stuff came with. Going to try again. This time is going to be harder cuz I can't just rip and cut out the heating. Also, the truck is so ugly. Fugly.
Mark

300D50
HRCS OG

Post by 300D50 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:22 am

Welcome back!

Where did you end up settling down?

New truck, same truck?

dakinehead

Post by dakinehead » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:28 pm

In Colorado and it sure gets cold in the winter. I didn't bring the turbo lines, my turbo is blown, need drive line and exhaust. All other important things are from the first one.
Mark

dakinehead

Post by dakinehead » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:35 am

just looking back in life, Jeremy we never met but ur one of the kindest most patient humans that ive never met, and you have collected a gang of like minded friends and subs. the only reason that truck ever ran is testimony of grace. i neva pulled wrench before or after the red devil most of the time i was working on that thing i was homeless sleeping in front seat of my running truck and from time to time it was broken also. at my lowest points, it was always a comfort to know that a stranger and his pals had my back. when life was messing with me the most i would dive into that project and looking back its easy for me to see those moments. i remember you giving more than you ever got from me. and others asking the same questions at the same time and thats testimony to your character. tonight i walked into my garage and pondered why i didnt ever try for round 3 and admitted to my self that i cant even remember all the stuff u guys walked me through. final decision is im going to try to honor you by patiently putting the jigsaw puzzle back together. and if all else fails my amc rocket ship is getting ready to blast off and i can much more easily find a wrencher here than in hawaii now that i have some tendies. sorry for the soppy love letter but i just wanted to say thanks
Mark